create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

May 15, 2012

Bucket List. Check.


Second to last weekend here and I can’t believe it. It’s been such a crazy adventure. I figured since I have one more weekend left to relax with friends, I wanted to use this past weekend to do things that I haven’t done yet that I wanted to.

 On Friday I went to the beach in Nerja with a whole bunch of people from my program. It was such a blast. The weather was perfect, the water wasn’t too cold so I could actually swim in it, and the company was great. We blasted music, ate food, played games (like everybody vs. everybody chicken and paddle ball) and spent some time relaxing in the sun. Perfect day if you ask me.



Friday night a group of girls from the program and I decided to head up to the Albaycin neighborhood to watch the sunset. Being up there made the city seem so small, but it was beautiful to look out over entire Granada. It gave me chills a little bit to know that this was the city I had been living in for so long. My beautiful Granada.


My friends (: Amelia, Kelsey, and Ashley


Saturday our program had one last trip to Ronda, a city near the southern coast. We spent most of the trip around its main attraction: Puente Nuevo (new bridge). It overlooks the huge canyon of Ronda and there are multiple trails to get to the water.







On Sunday Kelsey and I decided to catch a bus up to the Sierra Nevadas to go hiking. Although, our hike wasn’t something that was expected. We accidentally got off at the wrong stop. Instead of staying on the bus to the trailhead we got dropped off at the very base of the mountain at the ski station. So we hiked all the way up the mountain (yes I’m not kidding, pretty much all the way up) for about two hours to just get to the trailhead. We continued on for another hour or so, until we found a nice rest area of rocks to sit and eat lunch and look out over the city. Unfortunately, because of the smog, the views of the city were pretty hard to see. But we enjoyed the sunshine, relaxing on different viewpoints, and being up on the mountain. We ended up summiting a different path than we originally intended, but due to time we couldn’t continue on with the one we wanted. However, we still got our exercise in, still got to see pretty views, and still got to spend the day on the mountain.
Ski Station




At the Summit of another trail


This weekend I got a lot of sun since I was outside all weekend long! It’s really starting to feel like summer over here. Hot weather, Sunshine all day long, shorts, sandals! Although it’s exciting to finally get warm weather and hit May, it’s a bittersweet because it means my time here is almost over. I’m very happy that I got to cross off the things I hadn’t done yet this past weekend, so now I can just enjoy the city, my family and all my friends here for my last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment